- Exit I-90 (NY Thruway) at Canandaigua exit (#44).
- You will be on NY-332 South which you continue to follow for 9.6 miles into Canandaigua.
- Travel down Main Street, with many beautiful old houses and charming storefronts.
- At a large intersection with several traffic lights (cross street is NY 5/US 20/Eastern Blvd.) continue straight through the intersection, then bear left as it turns into Lakeshore Drive.
- This winds past the NY Wine & Culinary Center and along the nicely developed lakefront.
- After 1.3 miles of Lakeshore Drive, at a traffic light, turn right onto NY-364 S/E Lake Rd.
- This follows along the east shore of Canandaigua Lake.
- After 3.7 miles, turn left up County Road 1.
- Stay on CR 1 for 3.5 miles over the hills and down into Rushville.
- Continue through Rushville. The road becomes NY-247 S.
- After 4.0 miles, you will descend into Potter, where the road becomes NY-364 E.
- Follow this for 8.9 mi over more hills into Penn Yan.
- At the bottom of the hill, there is a traffic light (cross street: Liberty).
- Go straight through and make the next right at the flashing light. This is Main Street.
- Less than 1/2 mile down Main Street, La Belle Vie will be on the right (just before the next flashing light).
Essentially, this Scenic Route cuts a diagonal from Canandaigua, by the lake and across the hills, southeast to Penn Yan
(while the simple route squares the corner straight east on I-90 to Geneva then due south to Penn Yan).
We never get tired of driving the twisty roads by the lakes, through the farmland, hills, and vineyards. This is our preferred northwest passage.